Groundwater Modelling Tools
- USGS – Groundwater Software. Extremely useful: ModelMuse – GUI for MODFLOW, MT3D-MS and other.
- GSI Environmental – e.g. Excel tools for contamination hydrogeology.
- SERDP & ESTCP Simple tools for contamination hydrogeology.
- US EPA search
- Deltares – e.g. iMOD or geotechnical software. Almost all for free (e.g. FOSS).
- Hydrus-1D for unsaturated zone
- Geochemistry: PHREEQC, PhreePlot, ChemEQL, Thermoddem (Thermochemical and mineralogical tables for geochemical modeling)
Online groundwater tools (calculators)
- Contamination Assessment and Site management Tool (CAST) – New complex tool focused on BTEX and steady-state plumes. Free registration.
- Calculators (GroundwaterSoftware.com)
- The fluid flow calculations (Ken Edwards, LMNO Engineering)
- pH calculator (aqion)
- Dissolved oxygen solubility tables (DOTABLES)
- Hydrograph Separation Tool (SepHydro)
- INOWAS DSS – Free web-based modeling platform for planning, management and optimisation of Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR)
- ESlog – free online borehole profile
Excel Add-ins for data processing
Microsoft Power Query for Excel (in Excel 2016 and later – available directly: Data → Get & Transform Data):
cross table (pivot table) to list (normalization) – details.
Last modified: 2022-12-19